My husband loves all things savory. He’d take a burger over sweets (with the exception of chocolate chip cookies) in half a heartbeat. At the moment, one of my favorite savory dishes is quiche. K will positively gorge himself on this stuff!
The base recipe I use is his mom’s, but I’ve changed it up a bit – adding a bit here, withholding a bit there: my favorite way to cook! The fresh rosemary absolutely makes this recipe. Enjoy
- 3 eggs, beaten
- slightly less than 1 C whole milk*
- slightly less than 1 C evaporated milk*
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 C cheddar cheese, grated
- minced fresh rosemary, to taste
- approx. 1/2 C chopped vegetables (bell peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, red onion, etc.)*
- 1 pie crust
- Preheat oven to 375 deg. F
- Mix together all ingredients except pie crust.
- Line pie plate with crust (glass/ceramic works best, I think).
- Pour egg mixture into crust.
- Bake @ 375 deg. F 45-50 min., or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve with salsa / picante sauce (or not).
*If you decide to go a veggie-less route, use a full cup of milk and evaporated milk.